[zpkg] Some more comments

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Aug 31 06:11:33 EDT 2005

Hi all,

first of all thanks to Fred to switch zpkgtools to ZConfig. Here are some more
questions/comments:

1. In PACKAGE.cfg, there is a <load> section. Zope 3 traditionally loads
additional files for the distribution via SVN there. However, I believe this
is overkill. I would rather be able to specify a relative directory here,
since all the files/dirs I am loading are already in my checkout. I tried
this and it did not let me do this. Fred, any ideas?

2. The Zope 3 build mechanism (make) does not convert the *.conf.in in
zopeskel/etc to functioning *.conf files. This, in itself, is not that bad,
but inconvenient, because I need to keep 2 versions of the *.conf files
around. One that will work with the checkout and another that will be used
for the release. I wish the checkout build process would convert the
*.conf.in files in zopeskel to real *.conf files, so I only need one version
of the file.

I know I will see Fred on Thursday, but I wanted to write this down, so that I
don't forget.

Regards,
Stephan
--