[ZPT] ZPT - tal-attributes in html-output ?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Sun, 01 Apr 2001 11:35:07 -0400

Geir Bækholt wrote:

> Excuse my ignorance , i am , like almost everybody , new to the ZPT
> , - but are the tal-attributes really supposed to be included in the
> final HTML/XHTML-output of the rendered templates ?
>
> stuff like this :
> <title tal:content="template/title">TEST-TEMPLATE</title>
> is neat in the serverside source , but there is really no use for
> the tal/tales/metal - syntax to be included in the rendered HTML  as
> far as i can see...
> It doesn't look to good , and it could add a bit to the download..
>
> opinions on this ??

I agree. tal/metal attributes shouldn't be included in the rendered output,
although maybe there should be an option to include them, at least in
the underlying software.

(At one time, I dreamt that one could walk up to a rendered page and edit
it.  I've since given up on this for a number of reasons.)

Jim