Re[2]: [ZPT] ZPT - tal-attributes in html-output ?

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 11:15:33 -0400

--On Monday, April 02, 2001 10:12:51 -0500 Guido van Rossum
<guido@digicool.com> wrote:

>> > Does this mean that we will see such an option (or the attributes
>> > removed) by 1.1 ??
>> >
>> > they probably won't validate with w3c either (although this is a
>> > heavily discussed xml-namespace-issue at w3)
>>
>> This sounds like a significant concern.  My impression is that part of
>> the whole point of TAL is that it *is* valid XML.  Can you expand on
>> what the argument is about, or set my mind at ease <grin>?
>
> I'm no XML expert, but I've been told that it is well-formed XML, but
> won't validate because it's lacking a DTD.  Apparently use of DTDs
> with XML is somewhat controversial, hence the "heavily discussed"
> comment.  We should probably provide an option to suppress the TAL
> attributes in the rendered page.

Well, AFAIK the real issue is that we mix namespaces, and although there is
an example in the Namespaces spec of mixing namespaces (IIRC), there is no
standard for doing so.  this is why it isn't "valid" xml.

It is my understanding that the XML Infoset standard will address this.

--
ethan mindlace fremen
zopatista community liason