[ZPT] Authoring tools and tag-nesting problems

richard@bizarsoftware.com.au richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 09:31:53 +1000

"R. David Murray" wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Chris Withers wrote:
> > The other option, and I know this is far from perfect, would be to use CSS
> > rather than things like FONT tags to do your styling. Dunno how Dreamweaver
> > or GoLive fair with this though, not to mention browsers...
>
> In the small amount of Dreamweaver HTML output I have looked at, I was
> very unimpressed by its use of <font> and <b> (etc) tags.  It did not
> seem to make any attempt to scope the tags to reduce redundancies and
> extra tags.

Hah! Have you seen it <td align="left"><span
align="right">content</span></td>????

ZPT makes it infinitely easier to do Zope stuff in Dreamweaver over DTML,
but designers still have to keep a very watchful eye on the source window.

We make heavy use of CSS to minimise the tag count (yes, it can be done,
with a good CSS compatibility guide like
http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/). And we have a lot of predefined
library items with all the appropriate ZPT attributes on them, just in case
the designers lose something important :)

   Richard

--
Richard Jones
richard@bizarsoftware.com.au