[ZPT] CVS: Packages/TAL - README.txt:1.14

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 17:23:26 -0400

From: "Guido van Rossum" <guido@digicool.com>
> I've checked in the changes to suppress output of TAL, METAL and
> relevant XMLNS attributes.  These are suppressed by default when
> 'tal=1' is passed to the TALInterpreter() constructor.  You can force
> showing them by passing this constructor 'showtal=1', and force hiding
> them (not sure what good that is :-) with 'showtal=0'.

Thanks, I've changed the ZPT tests to reflect this behaviour.

> what to do about old programs -- I could either provide a function
> that checks whether a program is still valid, or I could try to make
> the TALInterpreter support older versions (with reason).

I would expect to check whether a program is valid, then throw it out and
recompile if it isn't.

> Do you want the simplified handling of structure replace/content in 1.0.1?

Jim pointed out that the attribute suppression is a fairly major new
feature, so I plan to go straight to 1.1 tomorrow.  As part of this, I went
ahead and made Page Templates pass strictinsert=0.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool