[ZPT] chat log comment

richard@bizarsoftware.com.au richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:48:09 +1000

Hi all,

I just read the chat log and wanted to state that we're developing a
"production site" with it right now. We're actually going live with a beta
today (we hope - SSL is giving me paaain).  What we've got is a large
Python Product that uses ZPT for the user front-end which is predominantly
edited by web designers in Dreamweaver (they _love_ ZPT, but that's mostly
'cos up 'till now they've had to try to make DTML work :) The back-end
management is still DTML, and will stay that way for now - there's just too
many cogs and gears in that DTML to switch it over :)

We've had to lose some functionality in the switch (mostly to do with
looping and batching, and they're being fixed/implemented). We were forced
to clean up a lot of our "end user API", which was a Good Thing. Mostly
though, the switch was very clean, and we're generally quite impressed :)

    Richard

--
Richard Jones
richard@bizarsoftware.com.au