[ZPT] Cooking takes very long

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:55:27 +1000

On Wednesday 15 August 2001 19:27, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> We have a site with about 20 ZPTs, each about some kB in size.
> When the folders that contain these ZPT are shown in the
> ZMI's left frame (TreeView), then the construction of this frame
> takes excessive time -- something like 1 CPU minute (on a
> relatively fast Sun server).

We are also seeing this speed problem. We've taken to disabling PT cooking in
a lot of places (most times, the page is now cooked when a user requests it
the first time). We've got about 8 folders of 10 templates, and that's going
to grow considerably over time. Even cooking just one folder of 10 templates
of around 10-15kb each takes quite a while on a "slow" processor (500Mhz x86
or slower).

One of our outstanding issues is to figure how to not cook uncooked PTs when
users delete folders of them :)

    Richard