[ZPT] Strange permission error with the new release..

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:48:14 -0500

Hi Folks,

Aha.. stepping through with the debugger it seems that the problem is
due to the fact that this particular instance was living at the root of
my Zope. The default Zope security policy now appears to be implemented
in a '.c' extension.. so it's trickier to debug, but it's clearly
something to do with the fact that when these things are at the root
they are getting title_or_id from the Application object (which has it's
own implimentation) rather than a Folder (which I think inherits it from
SimpleItem). Strange that I have no trouble with title_or_id in a DTML
Method at the root. How is security treated differently in a ZPT?

thanks,
-steve