[ZPT] structure in TAL needed?

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:51:27 -0400

Peter Bengtsson wrote:

> Do we need 'structure'?
>
> I find myself using the 'structure' thing on all tal:content and tal:replace
> almost. There's not one single spot on my under-construction-site where I
> want to display the HTML code on screen.

It sounds like you either misunderstand the purpose of 'structure' or
are using TAL in ways I wouldn't expect... I hardly ever use it, but
when I do there's no substitute.

The idea is that almost all HTML markup is in the template, not the
inserted content, so inserted content should almost always be HTML
quoted.  If you want to insert HTML markup, you explicitly instruct TAL
not to quote it by using 'structure'.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool