[ZPT] Using variables in path expressions

Brent M Hendricks brent@valinor.waldenweb.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:41:30 -0500

Is there a way to get variable substitutions in path expressions the
way we have them in string expressions?

Here's a simple use case:

I'm using tal:repeat to iterate over a function that returns the ids
of several objects of interest in a subfolder.  I'd like to be able to
do something like:

This doesn't seem to work in the current release.  Would it be easy to
add this functionaliy?  Or is there a better way to do what I'm trying
to do?

--Brent

"The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure
 thought-stuff.  He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating
 by exertion of the imagination.  Few media of creation are so
 flexible, so easy to polish and rework, so readily capable of
 realizing grand conceptual structures."
                        -- Frederick Brooks, Jr., The Mythical Man Month