[ZPT] REQUEST argument

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:44:53 +1000

On Saturday 12 May 2001 13:49, Evan Simpson wrote:
> From: <richard@bizarsoftware.com.au>
>
> > I'm doing "python:here.someMethod(request)" a lot, where it'd be much
> > neater (and easier on the end template creator) to just have
> > "here/someMethod". What's the chances of having the request argument
> > automagically passed in?
>
> I think I have this worked out in CVS.  I wanted to place the request, the
> 'here' object, and the Page Template variables defined at the call point on
> the namespace passed to DTML.

It's only just occurred to us that this doesn't actually meet our needs ;)
I'm pretty sure that even in the DTML world, this was an issue. It's been a
while since I've done DTML though :)

The method above (someMethod) is actually a Python Product method. It's got a
REQUEST argument. I was kinda hoping that ZPT could see that and pass in the
request argument for me when I have "here/someMethod"...

Wishful thinking? As I noted in my original post,
"python:here.someMethod(request)" appears in our ZPT a _lot_...

    Richard

--
Senior Software Developer, Bizar Software (www.bizarsoftware.com.au)