[Zpt] Re: Dreamweaver has fixed WebDAV problem!

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 20:27:39 +0100

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 02:05:03PM -0500, Todd Coram wrote:
> Dreamweaver has just released a fix for their WebDAV bugs
> (http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads.html).

> Dreamweaver integration with WebDAV including problems with host
> headers, header case-sensitivity, design note encoding,  use of illegal
> characters in connection data, port numbers, and unknown file sizes in
> the Site window."
>
> (Thanks for reporting the problem, martijn)

About time. I have yet to receive a personal notification of the fix, BTW.

> Now, their XHTML support is still broken. (Reminder:  They like to "fix"
> the HTML ;-) See
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dreamweaver+xhtml&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rnum=4&seld=963969938&ic=1
> for examples of broken-ess.

Note that Macromedia does not see this as a bug, rather a feature that
they choose not to implement.

> However, if ZPT relaxes the XML requirement, can Dreamweaver still play?
> I will play around with some TAL markup and see what it does....

We can do the same thing HTML Tidy does; rewrite (insofar possible) to XML
on upload. HTML Tidy is Open Source, maybe we can borrow code?

> Anyway, I guess we don't have to write them off just yet!

I am glad that the WebDAV issues have been resolved. Maybe we should send
a message to the Zope lists letting them know that a fix from Macromedia
is available?

--
Martijn Pieters