[Zpt] XHTML validation and <span>

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:33:31 -0600

From: "Todd Coram" <todd@digicool.com>
> A narrower question: Should we allow paths as well as simple variable
names?
> Our spec is unclear on this issue. I am not looking to add new
> functionality, but explicate current intent.

Frankly, despite my comments about the dark path, I think that allowing
paths is a fine thing.  It's simple and unambiguous, since you can't have
"}" in a path, and it's probably going to be useful pretty often.  Just as
long as we ixnay the idea of full expressions, we're good.

I really regret that we haven't come up with a good compact syntax for using
paths in Python expressions.

Cheers,

Evan @ TX