[Zpt] Still a depenency on PyXML.

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 20:51:30 +0100

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 02:48:12PM -0500, Todd Coram wrote:
> > Paul reported that ZPT still tries to import from xml.dom. As it turns out
> > there is indeed an import in TALDefs.py, which isn't needed anymore now
> > that TAL doesn't use any DOM.
> >
> > It would make life for the Rochester ppl much much easier if we can remove
> > the old code ASAP, at least the bit that references xml.dom.Node.
>
> Eh?
> Rochester is using ZPT???  We are in the middle of a rewrite (the first
> release was *just a prototype*). We had/have no plans to support the
> prototyped code. Please do not develop sites against the current ZPT. The
> way it operates is subject to change (and has changed).

Yes, this is for a demo only. I skinned a small portion of the CMF with
ZPT, which worked excellently.

What will be shown is how you can use GoLive to edit templates using
WebDAV. It works too!

> The reliance on a DOM is gone. Right now, pyexpat is used to parse the input
> as XML. We may drop that too....

Yup, I see it now. ParsedXML is needed (pyexpat is pulled from ParsedXML);
this mitigates the need for the cleanup.

I'll tell them folks to install ParsedXML as well, making sure they
compile it.

--
Martijn Pieters