[ZPT] URLs and stuff

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 02 May 2001 09:54:25 +0100

Evan Simpson wrote:

> Of course, these two examples lead directly to the observation that the
> TALES expressions are generic, and that you would probably want to apply
> them to all tags of a given type.  Something like:

Bingo :-)

BTW, What's the ZPT way of having abstracted headers and footers?

It feels like you should do this by have a 'site template' (and possible
sub-site templates) along the lines of:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>????</title>
</HEAD>
My page body goes here

Now, the ???'s are what I don't get how to fill. And also, how would a URL like:

http://mysite.com/folder/folder2/myZPT

...know to use the standard page template above (which is in /folder or maybe /)

cheers,

Chris

PS: I know this is tricky, but how does ZPT aim to prevent content editors from
obliterating tal attributes when theyr' editing content?