[ZPT] the defining METAL element and attributes

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <geirh@funcom.com>
Thu, 3 May 2001 13:21:03 +0200

it seems to me that the attributes of the defining element of a METAL-macro :
ex : <html metal:define-macro="commonPageLook"
      xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
      xmlns:tal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/tal"
      xmlns:metal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/metal">
, is not updated in templates using the macro, the way things nested
within are..
- same goes for definitions of slots..

Is this a feature, or just a slip ?

It would be really helpful, though , to have those elements
replicated as well :

( example of use : I noticed that i had left out the namespace
references for TAL and METAL in some of my templates, - needed for
xml-parsing , - and had to update them all by hand , because the root
element is not updated from the macro-template.. )

:-(

--
Geir Bækholt
Web-Developer/Zopatista