[ZPT] Parsing speed?

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 19:49:45 -0400

From: <richard@bizarsoftware.com.au>
> Are there any moves to making the parsing of pagetemplates faster?

Not yet, and there probably won't be (unless someone volunteers) until such
time as we've shaken out the design issues.  I'm presuming that the current
parsing speed should be adequate for "normal" usage.

> How about rendering speed? It seems pretty darned snappy at the moment,
but
> then I'm running on an 800 MHz processor, and most things are pretty
snappy
> on it ;)

We've paid much more attention to speed here, and optimized where it's easy
to do, but I know of no formal attempt to measure performance.  Once again,
we're not likely to work on this until the specs have stabilized.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool