[ZPT] Parsing speed?

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Mon, 07 May 2001 20:44:43 -0500

> Are there any moves to making the parsing of pagetemplates faster?

Not until we've got an indication that it's currently too slow.  The
expat-based XML parser is about twice as fast as the re-based HTML
parser, by the way.  The theory is that parsing occurs rarely -- the
parse output is cached.  (We could cache more aggressively by making
the cache persistent; it currently isn't.)

> How about rendering speed? It seems pretty darned snappy at the moment, but
> then I'm running on an 800 MHz processor, and most things are pretty snappy
> on it ;)

The rendering engine is pretty optimized!

Do you want us to benchmark it?