[ZPT] TALES Feature Survey

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 16:22:31 -0400

I realize that the pace of development in ZPT has been fairly rapid, and
that everyone on the list doesn't have time to follow every issue.  On the
other hand, there are a few simple changes that have been proposed that I
would really like to get a simple reaction to from as many people as
possible, so that we can close them and move on.

Please take a moment to react to each of these with a +1 (you like it), 0
(don't care), -1 (dislike it), or ??? (don't get it):

A) Add a standard 'user' variable, so that "user/getId" is the current
user's id.

B) Add a standard 'attrs' variable containing the default values of the
current tag's attributes, for instance "attrs/href".

C) Have a trailing slash in a path mean 'nocall', that is, prevent the value
of the path from being called.

D) Eliminate path modifiers ("if exists nocall") completely

E) Eliminate 'exists:' expression type, since most of these tests can be
spelled "path | nothing".

Example response: "A: +1, B: +1, C: ???, D: 0, E: -1"

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool