[ZPT] No proxy roles in page templates? What do I do then?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 02:36:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Itai Tavor wrote:
> duplication of code as well as waste of time. It will also make the
> verification code itself more complicated, but I won't go into that
> here. Or, I could write a single script for each UI method, which
> would verify the user, then pull all the data that the UI method
> requires, and return it in a dictionary to the PT. So now I would
> need two methods for every one I used to have, and the PT would
> become less clear and harder to manage.

Ah, but a script-per-pt returning a dictionary of data needed
by the pt is, I believe, considered Good Practice by Evan, and
it makes sense to me (a lot of sense).  Keep the logic
out of the pt as much as possible!  It should actualy simplify
your verification code, since you'll be able to do it using
clean python syntax rather than clunky dtml.

--RDM