[ZPT] Page Templates 1.4 expanded anyway

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 12:22:57 -0400

Brad Clements wrote:

> One thing I've noticed with Page Templates 1.4 on Zope 2.4 is that even though I have
> de-selected "expand macros when editing", I still get the expanded master macro in my
> "client" templates.
>
> My master macro also calls two other macros (not whole page). However when editing
> the master macro those two other macros are not expanded, nor are they expanded in
> clients of master.

I suspect that you're actually seeing the "proper" non-expansion behavior
that nobody expects :-(.  In non-expand mode, Page Templates leave in place
whatever text last got saved inside the use-macro element.  More often than
not, this is a recent copy of the actual macro body.  This will change soon.

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope