[ZPT] No proxy roles in page templates? What do I do then?

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 19:23:15 +1200

>> I just discovered that page templates don't have proxy roles. From the=
=20
>> fact that nobody is complaining, I assume there must be some new, ZPT=20
>> way of doing things that doesn't require proxy roles... I hope there i=
s.=20
>> Anyone wants to tell me what it is? Seems to me that this severely=20
>> limits how secure I can make products...

> Use a Script.  Templates and Scripts cooperate quite well.

I've just been trying this strategy, switching from a similar arrangement=
=20
using DTML methods and have discovered that while I can add a proxy role =
to a=20
DTML method if I have that role as a standard role, or a local role, I ca=
n't=20
add a role that I only posess as a local role to a Python Script - using =
Zope=20
2.3.3 with all the most recent hotfixes.

I've had a quick glance at the code comparing manage_proxy and friends in=
=20
both the DTML method source and PythonScripts, and I can't seen any obvio=
us=20
differences so I presume this behaviour isn't intentional. Does it work=20
properly in Zope 2.4.x?

John