[ZPT] ZPT Icon

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
16 Oct 2001 12:35:19 -0700

On Mon, 2001-10-15 at 12:08, seb bacon wrote:

> I like these.  One thought I had was that since they perform a similar
> function to DTML docs, they could perhaps look similar too?  However,
> I've no suggestions on what this might look like :\

Well, the DTML document icon is basically a document icon (the same one
that the current zpt.gif started with I presume) with angle brackets
inside (to denote DTML, I guess), which is why I used the same starting
point for my replacement.

But actually, Page Templates have the same functionality as DTML
Documents *and* DTML Methods, due to their use of explicit acquisition
context. If you want it to act like a document, you access properties
like this: 'template/title_or_id', and if you want them to act like
methods, you use 'here/title_or_id'. unlike either Methods or Documents,
though, you can mix both in the same object.

Nevertheless, these are *Page* Templates, so I didn't think that a
'Method' icon variant was appropriate.

Thanks for the encouragement,

Michael Bernstein.