[ZPT] some questions

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:16:39 +0200

Hi,

I've some questions concerning ZPT:

Here are some of my brain-spinsel questions. Probably everybody knows the
answer, but my chaotic brain isn't able to see through them. :

Keep in mind that I think ZPT is great, but I'm a little bit scary about the
following points. But that is probably because I 've never worked together
with designers, so I don't have a good eye on the workflow.

* If you put your tal in an 'bold' tag and the designer wants to put it in a
'italic' tag. All the tal is probably gone? Or are the editors cleaver
enough to leave the tal information?
Thus isn't it better to whenever it is possible put your tal statements
inside span tags?
* Another which might happen is that a designer creates a list, but then
decides to make a table of it. Unfortunately in this case the developer can
start producing his tal code again. I know that this can't be solved in any
way, but isn't this breaking the rule 'Keep code out of templates'. The
repeat tal statement is already a big thing when you want to make some nice
browsing capabilities and if you need to rewrite this over and over again
because a designer doesn't know what to decide.

Now more practical questions:

* Why do we use:  repeat/object/index and not repeat/index or repeat/even
It is variable of the repeat which knows on which position we are.
Like 'for i in []:' i is a variable of the repeating loop. Now we use the
index of the eg object
Are am I wrong in this?

* When you first declare a global name and  when you later declare a local
name...
are these handled as 2 different variables?

Regards, Tom.