[ZPT] Feature Freeze for 2.5?

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
21 Oct 2001 15:27:00 -0700

On Sun, 2001-10-21 at 11:22, Evan Simpson wrote:

> Michael R. Bernstein wrote:
>
> > So, I was wondering when (or if) a ZPT 'feature freeze' was anticipated
> > for Zope 2.5, and whether that would also imply a TAL, TALES, or METAL
> > 'feature freezes' as well.
>
> When Zope 2.5 goes into beta, no new features will be added to any part,
> including ZPT.  Development will continue in CVS, of course.  I'm not
> sure how long it will be until Zope 2.5 beta.

Urm. So, you're saying that once 2.5 goes beta, whatever stage ZPT is at
will be included? rather than waiting for ZPT to hit some particular
milestone of it's own?

> Your best bet for feature requests, by the way, is not the mailing list.
>   You should either add them to the Tracker or to the Wiki proposal area.

I added my 'NewIcon', 'ExpandedMacroIndentation', and
'EditingExpandedMacros' proposals to the wiki. The text in each could
use some cleanup, as I just copy-and-pasted the text of several of my
emails into each. I'll get around to that 'soon'.

I didn't add a 'SourceTab' proposal, since you already said you'd do it
eventually. :-)

I didn't add anyone else's comments from the list to the wiki, so if you
want to express your support/condemnation for these proposals, go do it
there.

Cheers,

Michael.