[ZPT] Using Zope with Amaya, Dreamweaver, and Other WYSIWYG Tools

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 09:57:56 -0400

Frank Stephan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to follow the article
> http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/ZPT3
>
> I have a problem with this:
>
> Now, with your editor, save the above HTML to the URL
> http://your.zope/FileLib/index_html/source.html.
> Notice that the URL to save the index_html page ends in source.html.
>
> As there is alread a file called 'index_html' in URL /FileLib/,

This is a page template you created according to the instructions. Right?

> I can not create a directory called 'index_html' where I have to put the
> 'source.html' in.

The page template "contains" source.html, and you can save updated
source to it.  If you tell Amaya to save to this URL, it should work.

I prefer to approach this slightly differently. I browse to the source
via the link on the edit screen and edit the page there. Then when I save,
Amaya will do the right thing.

I have discovered a fairly serious problem with using the

  .../pagetemplate/source.html

approach, which is that relative links aren't handled correctly.
This is particularly painful with images. :(

Jim