[ZPT] Best way to use structured-text with cataloged ZPT?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 17:48:34 -0400

I'm building my new company site using all Page Templates instead of DTML, however
I'd like to have a lot of my content in Structured Text Files.

I could create a PageTemplate for every structured Text file that will have the
PageTemplate render the structured text using a "master" macro.

But .. that's tedious.

Also, I'd like to be able to index the content of my site and allow users to search. The
catalog will index the structured text files, (not the page templates)..

So a catalog search will return a list of structured text objects.. Which if the user clicks
on them I then have to actually direct them to a Page Template that falls within the
same folder (to keep the navigation context correct) as the structured text file.

Is their an "easy" way to catalog and use structured text with PageTemplates, or do I
need to manually make the "twin pagetemplate" files for every structured text file?

I suppose I could use one PageTemplate and pass args to it to select the appropriate
Structured Text document, but I'd like to avoid using query strings .. and I'd prefer that
every element in the URL really "exist" (so I'd rather not use PathHandler).

Thoughts?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements