[ZPT] Tempalte "program" not persistent

John jwm@plain.co.nz
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:39:12 +1200

Richard Jones wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 September 2001 12:10, Evan Simpson wrote:
> > Richard Jones wrote:
> > > We're having problems with the non-persistence of the page template
> > > programs. The first being that it takes a while to cook the templates,
> > > and that has to be done every time the server is restarted. The second is
> > > that we see strange problems with the program only being updated in some
> > > threads (we think).
> >
> > The first is expected, the second isn't.  If you could pin that behavior
> > down reproducibly, I'd appreciate it.

> That's one of the problems - it's not exactly consistent (which is why we're
> blaming it on threads). It's on my TODO to get a solid example, and when I
> do, I'll let you know :)

I've encountered similar behaviour when testing templates from the file system
in debugging mode. I
suspect that some templates are not being recooked under certain circumstances -
possibly if they are
a macro that you've just updated and are looking at by reloading a page that
call it. I'll test this hypothesis later today.

John