[ZPT] Macro Master templates can't reach their own properties..

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 11:48:16 -0400

I have a Master page template with a property "leftcolumnwidth" defined.

When this template is "called" from  another page template, stuff like

tal:content="template/leftcolumnwidth"

fails with "leftcolumnwidth not found in template/leftcolumnwidth"

I suppose this happens because the macro is expanded into the "client template"
before being processed.

Don't suppose properties could be "copied over" too during rendering?

Clearly properties defined in the client template should have precedence..

otherwise, having properties in anything that defines a macro serves no purpose.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements