[ZPT] [Notes] ZPT: not yet ready for final release....

Richard Jones richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:47:34 +1000

On Thursday 27 September 2001 02:22, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> I played the last couple of days with ZPT.
> I will report my experiences in following messages.
>
> I have the impression that we still need to go some way before
> we reach enough quality for a non-beta release.

I disagree. I'd say that ZPT is a perfectly viable non-beta technology as it
stands right now, and was when it was released in its 1.3 guise too.

No technology like this is "perfect" from the get-go. There is always a
series of refinments over time. I read somewhere that at least ten major
revisions are required for software to be "perfected".

    Richard