[ZPT] Passing parameter to Python Script

Harry Wilkinson harryw@nipltd.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:12:53 +0100

On Thursday 18 April 2002 8:19 pm, Grant Thibdeau wrote:
> Thank you, these are both exactly what I was looking for!!! Sorry for the
> simple question, altho now I have a different one, where would I need to
> define the request in the zpt? I'm assuming I have to tell the template to
> look somewhere, and that defining request would be telling it where to
> look? I kinda thought that request was one of the special words which looks
> stuff up in the header?  doing it with request makes the most sense, but
> it's claiming that I need to define request somewhere, any thoughts?

Well, as you say, 'request' is a built-in name that is basically equivalent
to the Python 'context.REQUEST'.  So, 'request' is something that should
always be there in a page template.  If it's not, I have no idea why, sorry.