[ZPT] Content/Presentation Separation

Grant Thibdeau miket@davisvision.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:44:23 -0700

This should be a zpt question because it ultimately ends up in the zpt. If
it's not my apologies.  I have my page template, which calls a python
script.  This python script gets some data and then formats it. Now, I can
then put a big print statement in my script to output all that information
like so:

print "Quantity Special: Each box is only %s a box!" % (resRebatePrice)

return printed

Now, from what I can tell that is kind of wrong, because i'm not really
separating my content from my presentation.  Or would this be acceptable
separation?  I'm assuming I would want to access a formatted resRebatePrice
inside of a ZPT, but how would I get a hold of it inside the zpt?  Define
the script call then access it like tal:content="PythonScript/resRebatePrice" ?

Thanks