[ZPT] Content/Presentation Separation

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:02:30 +0200

At 14:51 24/04/2002, you wrote:
>At first I thought "that makes sense": at one point I was setting up my
>whole project this way. Very dynamic. Yanked my whole directory structure
>and just tagged everything. But -- isn't the idea to 1) make use of the
>index_html ZPT and 2) make each directory an autonomous reusable
>application? I still resent the idea of having to drop my python scripts
>into each directory -- or even of having directories at all, aside from
>css, macros, python, CONTENT, etc. Opinion, anybody?

First quick (and maybe not enough thought) reaction :
use an acquired index_html python script which access ZPT objects

But the real question is maybe : where do you keep your content ? To me it
should be nor ZPT nor HTML. Think of the enormous legacy data now trapped
in HTML markup...
--

Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl