[ZPT] How to accomplish the following using ZPT and Python.

Alec Munro alec.munro@eoascientific.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:55:25 -0300

Hi all,
I'm a newbie, so if necessary, point out the obvious.
I've got an index page that is going to display three lists of different
types of items.
What I want is to be able to put a call in that template to a python
script, with a variable number of arguments, in the event that I want to
display less than the three lists.
I want to have another template that contains the formatting for the
list, and I want my python script to call this template once for each
argument it receives. The template would then pass that argument on to a
ZSQL method that would retrieve the appropriate information from the
database.

Tell me what I can't do out of these, followed by what I can do, but
would complexify it to much to be worth it.
Thanks for your time, I know this a pretty generic problem, but I really
appreciate any help.
Alec Munro