[ZPT] passing a list to an url

John Petter Kvalvik johnpk@hrp.no
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:16:54 +0100

Hi!

I have a form with a listbox with keywords. When submitting the form data,
the selected keywords are passed as a list. I have a python script that
handle the request before the result from a ZSQL method is presented in a
page template. I have used batching for the results. My problem is that when
the next batch is  called, the list is converted to a string.

<a tal:condition="next"
  tal:attributes="href
string:${request/URL0}/?start:int=${next/first}&Keywords=${request/Keywords}
&optGroupText=${request/optGroupText}
  &optGroupField=${request/optGroupField}
  &optGroupOrder=${request/optGroupOrder}"
  href="next_url">next
</a>

A temporary solution to the problem is to handle this in the python script:

if same_type(Keywords,[])==0 and Keywords<>None:
  Keywords=string.split(Keywords[1:-1],',')

  tmp=[]

  for x in Keywords:
    tmp.append(string.strip(string.replace(x,"'","")))

  Keywords=tmp

Is there a better way?

Petter