[ZPT] TALESError

Chris Meyers chris@hddesign.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:55:17 -0600

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 01:56:44PM -0500, Evan Simpson wrote:
> Chris Meyers wrote:
> >  Error Type: TALESError
> >  Error Value: exceptions.IOError on [Errno 5] Input/output error in '', at line 40, column 1
>
> This looks like the kind of error you get when Python code (not Scripts)
> tries to print when the Zope process is disconnected from the terminal.
>   What SQL DA are you using?  It may try to print log or error messages.
>   One way to avoid the problem may be to 'nohup' your Zope, but this can
> be annoying.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Evan @ Zope

You are correct sir! Thanks a lot. We are using Psycopg-1.0.1 for our SQL DA. We sent its output to a nohup.out file and everything seems to work fine now, except (there's always an except isn't there) that it spits out an insane amount of information (something like 400k) per db query. Obviously this isn't an ideal situation so we sym-linked this file to /dev/null/ Will this be a problem, or better yet is there a way to reduce the output from psycopg (the debugging option was already diabled)?

Thanks
Chris