[ZPT] Accessing class attribute from ZPT

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:47:09 +1300

I have a product that contains a class called ITProfile which has a class
attribute called default_profession_types which is used to fill a select box
when editing instances of the class. I want to be able to access those
defaults from a page unrelated to the product directly; a customized search
page as it happens.

What I want to know is whether I can access class attributes from arbitary
classes inside arbitary products at all in Zope, and how to do it with ZPTs
in particular.

On reflection, this seems to be a common pattern - objects that have
attributes whose possible values should be derived from some class attribute.
That attribute needs to be used by search pages and needs to have an
interface for updating it for the entire class. Does anyone have a good Zope
solution for this problem?

Thanks,
John