[ZPT] Using PTFiles in Python Products

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:16:25 +0200

Michael R. Bernstein writes:
 > Note: Although things are now functioning correctly, I am still seeing
 > an odd symptom. showaq gives me the following result:
 >
 > http://localhost:8080/test/posting_1/library/showaq
 >
 > ()
 > |  \
 > |
 > |   |
 > |   test
 > |   |
 > |   Zope
 > |   |
 > |   <RequestContainer instance at 8995258>
 > |

 > posting_1
 > |
 > test
 > |
 > Zope
 > |
 > <RequestContainer instance at 8995258>
 >

 > In other words, the id of the 'library' PTFile is not being displayed by
 > the showaq method. Any ideas why (and whether this is in fact a
 > problem)?
Page templates belong to the new breed of Zope objects deriving
from "Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings". Such objects can bind
"traversal_subpath" and do funny things when traverse.

What you see may be an effect of handling traversal in a special way.
I do not think it is a big problem, as usually Page Templates should
not be traversed.

Dieter