[ZPT] CVS: Products/PageTemplates - PageTemplateFile.py:1.15

Albertas Agejevas alga@codeworks.lt
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 00:33:22 +0200

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 04:37:57PM -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>=20
> Casey Duncan writes:
>  > I would suggest not using string exceptions in any new coding, they
>  > are slated to be deprecated in Python. Perhaps use::
>  >=20
>  >   class StorageError(Exception):
>  >       pass
>=20
> Might it not be better to find out where it should be imported from?

from ZODB.POSException, but it would create a dependency on ZODB,
which is not a very good thing AFAIU, as PageTemplates are meant to be
more or less standalone.

Thanks for the tip, Casey.

Albertas
--=20