[ZPT] Re: Fwd: Re: sql not that persistent

Michal Kurowski michal@genesilico.pl
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:48:50 +0200

Chris Withers [chrisw@nipltd.com] wrote:

> > for key, item in request.items():
> >     print ...
> >
> > there's no such thing set :-(
>
> Be careful, REQUEST only smells like a dictionary...
>
> try:
> for key,item in context.REQUEST.other.items():

I know. Just forgotten to tell you in my scripts there's always:

request = context.REQUEST

> > Isn't that only strings can be placed in those session/request
> > dictionaties ?
>
> Nope, you can shove anything in the session or the the request.
>
> Bear in mind that the SESSION lasts as long as the browser keeps sending
>   back the session cookie. The REQUEST only last as long as each HTTP
> request, so you can't put something in here and expect it to be there
> some time later when you're rendering another page...

I know SESSION is the only reasonable place to think of but the
question is not answered yet.

Is it possible to use session dictionary to store objects from sql
queries for later use ? Specially in context of tal:repeat variables ?

--
Michal Kurowski
<michal@genesilico.pl>