[ZPT] A simpler way?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:20:52 +0100

Tony McDonald wrote:

> Hey hey Chris :) (we UK-Zopers stick together donchaknow?)

*grinz*

>>>I've been doing PT for quite some time now, but that little construct took
>>>*ages* to figure out.
>>
>>Which bit of the construct took the most time to come up with?
>>
> The here.home_map_staff(here, request) bits mainly. Nothing seemed to gel
> for me.

Ah yes, that'll be calling a DTML method from python. Sux, dunnit?

> Aha - very nice. It needs a small change tal:define="isUser python: , and
> the replace=" needs a structure ... But works very well (and is quite a bit
> cleaner than my effort). Ie

Oops... well, close enough, and it means you don't have to work out the DTML
calling nastiness.

>>Zope 3 ;-)
>>
> There be dragons...it's still a CVS download isn't it? But... If it helps,
> that might be the way to go.

Well, it is, but it's got a helluva lot of ZPT examples in it :-)

> heaps from the 'show_source' link at Zope.org. It seems that nothing like
> that exists for ZPT.

Indeed, although I suspect Zope 3 will become that in time...

cheers,

Chris