[ZPT] Web Design with ZPT

Joseph Griffin jgriffin@pclnet.net
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:14:42 -0600

Christian,
What your're saying is true. You could take the resulting SQL text and
call a CreateZSQL interface to add the query to the database. But that
calls for creating the Python code necessary to automate the
installation of the ZSQL method. I'm wondering where I could dig up the
interface definitions for doing this. The procedure might be something
like this:

1) Create the Website with your productive tool.
2) Click on button and generate the Python installation script.
3) Run the script outside of Zope.
4) Script checks to see if there is existing structure. If so, if
searches for tags to see if objects in structure were generated by the
productive tool or inserted by the user. It should only remove the
objects it puts in the structure (Round Trip Engineering). The ZPT
stuff should be added here.
5) Take a sip of coffee.

Tools not productive? In the 10th grade, we had a multiple choice
question that read - "What tool would an archaeologist use to unearth
fossil remains? A) fine chisel-like instrument or B) dynamite". I
choose B. May not find any bones, but it sure is impressive to watch.
Joseph

> Hi.
>
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 07:40:18AM -0600, Joseph Griffin wrote:
> > Hello Christian,
> > Sounds like tcm2sql would capture the design for the database. You
also
> > need a script generator for ZPT. For instance, the login page would
> > need ZPT statements to wrap a ZSQL method that queries the
database.
> > What would be nice is to have a integrated package that allows to
> > select the database (postgresql, mysql, ZODB) and generate the
scripts
> > you need. The code should be structured to allow iterative design.
It