[ZPT] CVS: Releases/Zope/lib/python/ZTUtils/tests -testBatch.py:1.6

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:56:58 +0000

Casey Duncan wrote:

> Ummm, chris, I think that counts as refactoring. If it was that way in a
> release, you would have a point.

Hang on, I added the funcationality because I needed it. I asked Evan via Shane
on IRC if it was okay to add. They said yes, provided there were tests. I then
asked Matt via email if I could merge to the 2.5 branch. He also said yes.

I then started using the attribute with under the name 'total', as might anyone
else who checked out either the head to 2.5 branch of ZTUtils. To then have the
attribute name changed without even being consulted feels a little out of place,
especially given that I didn't just check this in, I actually took the time to
ask the relevent people whether it was okay or not.

Now, I'm sure wasn't there was no intent to piss me off, but the name
sequence_length still sucks...

> I don't remember any discussion about
> naming it "total". Why not name it "t", that's shorter, or better yet
> "_" 8*)

...both 't' and '_' are meaningless, which I guess is what you're trying to
imply about 'total'.

In which case, what could 'total' mean in the context of a batch, other than the
total length of the sequence being batched?

cheers,

Chris