[ZPT] Why does this cause a page template to be invalid?(longish)

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
26 Mar 2002 13:49:00 +0000

> By sticking with the stricter interpretation, Page Templates ensures
> you won't be surprised after the fact.  Our determination was based on
> the idea that it's better/easier to surprise/educate the developer
> than to have site users get something the developer didn't expect them
> to get.

Yes, but the ZPT parser is still broken, however you look at it:

I'm not familiar with the parser code but this leads me to wonder if the
first example is intentionally rejected or not.  I take it you're saying
it is intentional, and that the second example is the bug.

This thread's been enlightening w.r.t. HTML4.01, though.  It just goes
to show how irrelevant the standards are when it comes to practical web
programming - and this coming from someone who's interested in them.

seb