[ZPT] Reason for <script> and <style> exclusion?

Alan Kennedy zpt@xhaus.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:17:19 EST5EDT

> By the way, in a <tal:block> (or <tal:whatever> ) you
> don't need to explicitly put every attribute in the tal
> namespace, you can just do <tal:block replace="blah">

NB: I have not checked an example to see if this statement
is true.

But IF this is true, then ZPT is not behaving according to
the XML namespaces spec, AFAICT.

Attributes DO NOT inherit the namespace of their parent
elements. Instead, their namespace is defined as their
parent element.

Therefore, the following are NOT the same

1. <tal:block xmlns:tal="http://" condition="true"/>

2. <tal:block xmlns:tal="http://" tal:condition="true"/>

Specifically, the condition attribute in 1 does NOT belong
to the TAL namespace. Instead, it belongs to a namespace
which is defined by its parent element (it's hard to find
the right wording). The condition attribute in 2 belongs to
the TAL namespace.

Does the current ZPT implementation accept 1, 2, or both?

Regards,

Al.

This message was sent using WebMail by CyberGate.
http://www.gate.net/webmail