[OT] Re: [ZPT] CVS: Releases/Zope/lib/python/ZTUtils/tests -testBatch.py:1.6

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:10:46 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> No, because of:
>
>  > >  > How about the total length of the batched sequence? ;-)
>
> No need to have the "total"...

And further, Chris, when I said I don't know what it was a total
of, my implication was that the word total *by itself* is *not*
enough.  You have to say what it is a total *of*, in the name,
for it to be clear.  IMO, that would apply in *any* context
where it was not absolutely clear that there could only be one
thing totaled.  And a zpt repeat definately does not fall into
that category.  One could perhaps argue that it *should*, but
that would require redisiging the whole batch interface, I think.

I think you are outvoted on this one <wry grin>.

--RDM