[ZPT] Query on tracebacks

Kevin Littlejohn darius@obsidian.com.au
24 May 2002 14:09:49 +1000

Heya,

We're building a site in TAL atm (it's a billing system for ISPs, we
sell it with (theoretically) instructions on how to modify the pages for
branding etc...)  Anyway, I'm trying to make a standard_error_message
page, to catch anything unexpected so we can present a friendly message
and mail the error to the developers.  But I can't see where the error
traceback objects are in the namespace...

If we do this in dtml, we get error_tb and similar variables to play
with.  But I'm starting to think they may be "magic variables" - not
actually in the namespace when standard_error_message is called, as
such, thus not available to a TAL equivalent.  Is that true?

Is there any way to make a TAL standard_error_message page?  Or am I
going to have to switch to dtml?  I don't really want to do that,
because we're using macros for page layout, and dtml won't play nicely
with that...

KevinL
--
Internet techie                    Obsidian Consulting Group
Phone: +613 9653 9364                    Fax: +613 9354 2681