[ZPT] Debugging filesystem based ZPT

Sebastian Stark seb@todesplanet.de
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:41:41 +0200

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 08:50:28AM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Zope gives fine error reports when editing ZPTs TTW but when I work
> on ZPTs sitting in the filesystem it is a nightmare to debug ZPTs since
> there is insufficient debug information available when I am trying to render
> such a template. Usually Zope just tells me "Page Template XXXX has
> errors...".
> Not very useful. Is there a way to make filesystem based ZPT more friendly?

I don't really understand what you mean by "filesystem based ZPT" but
when you're using WebDAV you get fine error messages from the compiler,
nested into html comment tags. (I'm using the cadaver client)

--
Sebastian Stark                                DAASI International GmbH
stark@directory.dfn.de                                   stark@daasi.de