[ZPT] Heads up - ZPT now in Roundup

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:18:07 +1000

Just to let the list know, if you're at all curious, that the latest (0.5)
release of Roundup (http://roundup.sf.net/) uses PageTemplates for its HTML
templating.

I had to modify a few modules in order to get it all working happily, and I
don't distribute the useless (to Roundup ;) Zope modules. I include a full
list of modifications (as per my responsibilities according to the ZPL) in
the Roundup README and the affected files. I've appended the relevant section
to this email. Most of the file removals were done to reduce the size of the
package that I distribute. I'm looking to reinstate the tests by integrating
them with the existing Roundup testing, but that's a way off...

      Richard

PageTemplates Licensing
-----------------------

Portions of this code (roundup.cgi.PageTemplates, roundup.cgi.TAL and
roundup.cgi.ZTUtils) have been copied from Zope. They have been modified in
the following manner:

- removal of unit tests, Zope-specific code and support files from
  PageTemplates: PageTemplateFile.py, ZPythonExpr.py, ZRPythonExpr.py,
  ZopePageTemplate.py, examples, help, tests, CHANGES.txt, HISTORY.txt,
  version.txt and www. From TAL: DummyEngine.py, HISTORY.txt, CHANGES.txt,
  benchmark, driver.py, markbench.py, ndiff.py, runtest.py, setpath.py,
  tests and timer.py. From ZTUtils: SimpleTree.py, Zope.py, CHANGES.txt and
  HISTORY.txt.
- editing to remove dependencies on Zope modules (see files for change notes)

The license for this code is in doc/ZPL.txt.