[ZPT] ZPT Speed Tutorial Wanted

Andy Meier andy@onyourmark.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:46:40 -0500

I tried adding a cache manager as suggested but it seems to only shave a few
milliseconds off the rendering time of pages.

I don't think I grok the behavior of the cache.  In the tab that reports
cache hits and misses, every request was reported as a cache hit (I used the
default 6 minute interval).  When viewing the page, however, all the dynamic
sections were still loading the dynamic output (aka: different banners, the
proper user name, etc.) which makes me think the cache does not work the way
I expect.

Does the cache cache the output of an object or does it somehow cache the
object in a way to make it more quickly accessible to the parser?

Thanks for the help!

-Andy